Criteria for Selection
The recipient :
An award will be given each year to a supervisor/chairperson who has demonstrated outstanding social studies supervision at the elementary and./or secondary level. The person nominated will be evaluated on the following:
1. Is a member of NYS4A
2.Has remained abreast of new developments in social studies
3. Has incorporated innovative and effective supervisory techniques
4. Displays a commitment to excellence in social studies education
5. Fosters professional growth
l. The Committee, consisting of past winners and chaired by the NYS4A Vice President will request nominations through the NYS4A and NYSCSS newsletters with an appropriate deadline.
2.The Awards Committee's decision will be final. In the event that no nominations are received, the committee will nominate a candidate to be designated as the winner.
3. An individual may win the award only once.
A recent photograph of the candidate should be available to send via email if the candidate is selected as an award recipient.
The Award winner's photographs will appear in the Convention Program.
1. The winner will be recognized at the Awards Banquet at the Annual Convention in Albany.
2.The award will consist of a plaque.
NYS4A OUTSTANDING SOCIAL STUDIES SUPERVISOR
School Phone _____________________________________________________________________________
l. Please attach a 300-350 word rationale which states why the nominee should be considered for the award. Be sure to address the award criteria.
2. It is strongly recommended that supporting documentation, such as letters of support and a resume, be included.
These may be sent separately but must be received by EMAIL IS PREFERRED. DEADLINE: January 31, 2014.
Send all materials to:
c/o Shenendehowa High School EAST
970 Route 146
Clifton Park, NY 12065