PART II- ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Prior to taking office (One year from convention date)
1. March – Initial planning for Convention (Selection of Convention committee, especially
Assistant Chair and Program Chair)
2. April – Write to prospective committee members inviting their participation, outlining
tasks for them and setting first meeting date.
3. May – First full committee meeting to establish convention theme, set dates for various
tasks, clarify roles.
4. May/June – Articles for the June newsletter identifying theme, dates, location; Convention program Proposal Form in TIME & PLACE.
B. After taking office
1. July/August – Send out Program Proposals to membership, others.
2. August – Prepare articles for TIME & PLACE
3. September/October – Full committee meeting identifying essential target dates, tasks.
4. October – Meeting of Program Committee
5. November – Meeting at hotel with Convention manager, key people involved with
convention; deadline for all materials to be submitted to TIME & PLACE editor for
6. November – Put together Convention Newsletter; request BEDS mailing labels.
7. Early January – Mailing of Convention Newsletter. Make certain all printing needs have
been taken care of.
8. Six weeks before Convention – meet with hotel people to finalize arrangements – finalize Convention brochure.
9. One to two weeks before Convention – walk through with hotel management.
C. After Convention
1. Appropriate thank-you’s.
2. Final analysis of convention relative to how expenses/income are to be divided using the